+44 (0)1243 512 552
8 Hour Waterproof and Sweatproof tests were conducted using a panel of female Caucasians with skin types that either burn easily or sometimes burn when exposed to sun.
Sunblock was applied as prescribed by test instructions. A static SPF test was performed and our products were rated SPF 44.83. Testing was then initiated. Subjects were subjected to 30 minute intermittent periods in water using a whirlpool at 75 – 80 degrees F, circulation jets on and jogging in place for the duration of immersion periods.
Tests were performed for 16 periods of alternating 30 minute immersions, 10 minutes out, yielding 8 hours (480 minutes) of immersion time. (80 minutes in and out of the water is normal testing time on sunscreen / sunblock products.)
At the end of the initial testing, products maintained rating of SPF 44 or higher. No adverse effects or any unexpected reactions of any kind were observed on any of the subjects, during or after any of the tests.
A more recent test was adjusted to be 12 periods of alternating 30 minute immersions with 10 minute dry periods.
- All products rated SPF 44 maintained SPF ratings of 44 or greater.
- Products rated SPF 35 and 30 rated 35.83.
- Products rated SPF 30 lip/nose rated 36.92.
- Products rated SPF 15 rated 17.
- 8 hour sunblocks will stay on a minimum of 8 hours in or out of water.
- No negative effects to user.
- Virtually ZERO WASH OFF of sunblock with products maintaining 97 – 100% strength.